Please read these rules carefully. They affect your participation in all of our contests.
Official Contest Rules for both On-air and On-site Promotions
1. WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC Official Contest Rules apply to radio station WXRY-LP/99.3 and any simulcast partners including WXNW-LP and WXNE-LP.
2. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local law regulations apply.
3. Qualifications: Limit one entry per person, during each on-air giveaway or on-site remote contest. Prize winnings may not be transferred. All winners or qualifiers are subject to verification. One must be at least 18 years of age or older to qualify and must have positive identification (such as a valid South Carolina driver’s license [and] social security card), unless otherwise stated by the on-air staff., promotions dept. or employee of the WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC. Qualifiers for any grand prize (having a value over $100 dollars) must reside within the Columbia Metropolitan area or within a 30-mile radius of the Metropolitan area. All employees and/or volunteers of WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC, other radio stations serving the Columbia Metropolitan area, and participating sponsors as well as their immediate family are ineligible to participate in any on-air contest or any on-site remote contest.
4. One may win once every 30 days, either through on-air or on-site contest. Once you have won a prize from a specific radio station, you are ineligible to win again for the next 30 days. WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC will rely on contestants, participants, and winners to truthfully disclosure if one has won within the past 30 days. In the event that it is not documented by the WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC, the prize winner is expected to be responsible and aware of his or her eligibility status, based upon the honor system.
5. Definition of prize: The term “prize” in this set of rules includes (but is not limited to): CDs, T-shirts, movie passes, gift certificates, concert tickets, trip giveaways, and anything else with the value of over $10. Any and all state and local taxes of prize packages valued over $600 are the responsibility of the winner. A 1099 (W9) form will be sent to the winner for tax purposes. All prize winners are solely responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes, and/or fees applicable. Bumper stickers and key chains are available on a limited basis (when available) and are not included in this definition as a “prize.”
6. WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC and other sponsors will not be responsible for prizes forfeited because of ineligibility. Should the winner forfeit the prize for any reason, it will remain the property of WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC and WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC have the right to select an alternate winner or retain the prize package. Substitution of prizes will not be permitted. Cash will not be rewarded in lieu of any prize. WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC will not be liable for the failure of promotional partners in providing the prize.
7. By claiming the prize, the winner does hereby release and absolutely and forever discharge the WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC, and WXRY-LP, our partners, officers, directors, affiliates, attorneys, agents, representatives and employees, both present and past, from any and all liabilities, debts, accounts, reckoning, obligations, costs, expenses, actions, and cause of action in every kind of nature whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, whether in law of equity, whether in the past or future, that you may now or hereafter have or claim to have against us based upon or arising out of our connection with, either directly or indirectly, anything omitted, or suffered to be done at any time in connection with the contest, promotion, or prize (on-air or at on-site remotes.) Prize winners also agree to indemnify us from and against any claim, demand debt, liability, cost (including attorney’s fees), expense, action, or cause of action based upon, arising out of, or in connection with your receipt of and enjoyment of prize received.
8. As stated above, one must be at least 18 years of age at the time of winning and possess a valid drivers license [and social security card, if needed] to claim the prize.
9. Participation in the contest and the acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
10. For on-air/on-site contests, the odds of winning are based upon the number of eligible entries received, date, and time of qualifications and listener-ship of the particular station during the stated call-in qualification periods. WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC and other sponsors will have no responsibility for failure to claim any prize or problems incurred when attempting to win based on allegations of telephone difficulties.
11. A copy of these complete contest rules is made available at the WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC studios in the Historic Barringer Building, 1338 Main Street, Suite 202, Columbia, South Carolina 29229.
12. All decisions of the WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC officials, promotions department, on-air staff, or management will be final. Any disputes will be settled by the WXRY Incorporatedand IndieMedia LLC contest administrators. Qualified entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC ‘s employees and/or representatives, which are final as to all matters relating to this on-air or on-site remote contest, giveaway, etc. Failure to comply with the contest rules will result in the disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize. The WXRY Incorporated and IndieMedia LLC reserves the right to change or alter these rules at any time without further notice.