Finally, there’s a reason to turn on your radio again. WXRY is nonprofit, listener-supported radio live from South Carolina’s Main Street. Operated by the Independent Media Foundation, a 501(c)(3), our mission is to help you discover new music while building an active, vibrant community. Broadcasting from high atop the historic Barringer Building since 2005, WXRY is now also available in the suburbs. WXNE 98.1 FM and WXNW 99.1 FM provide WXRY’s programming in the Northeast and Northwest. We started WXRY because we felt it was important for Columbia to have a new type of voice on the radio dial, one that wasn’t beholden to corporate interests that instead could truly serve our nonprofit community. Corporate radio comes and goes. WXRY was built to last. If your old favorite radio station has changed, give us a shot. We promise not to abandon you.
We’re listener-supported yet we don’t often ask for your money. We know that’s a little confusing. How is WXRY on the air and still able to do that? We decided long ago not to hold the music hostage over fundraising or to beat up our listeners for their cash. It’s easy to help WXRY stay on the air and we appreciate every dollar you’re able to give. We could not exist without you, our listeners. Thanks for your continued support!
• Support the local businesses and area nonprofits that make WXRY possible, our underwriters.
• Give a small one-time donation or make one that is recurring by clicking DONATE or by visiting our Facebook page.
• Attend a station event like the WXRY Music Crawl or those put on by our strategic partners.
• Responsibly imbibe WXRY Oxbow Amber brewed by our friends at Swamp Cabbage Brewing Company.
• Purchase a t-shirt, coffee mug, or some other station swag at a live broadcast.
Can’t afford to donate? No problem. Simply support WXRY just by listening over the air or over the internet and spread the word. You’re the reason we do what we do.
1338 Main Street, Suite 202
Columbia, SC 29201